On the back of one of the bleakest and most disruptive winters for football in recent memory, the FA and Football Foundation have teamed up to launch Retain the Game, a new funding initiative that aims to support the retention of adult male teams.
£750 grants for adult clubs
Most grassroots football clubs are funded through the subscriptions (subs) of its players – and clubs’ income will have been hit over the winter with the vast number of cancelled training sessions and games. Relentless rain and freezing weather has seen fixture lists decimated in 2017-18 – indeed a recent Financial Times report claimed grassroots clubs are losing an average of five weeks per season due to bad weather and waterlogged pitches, while more than a third have lost two to three months of fixtures.
The Retain the Game scheme will go some way to mitigating those losses by providing grants of £750 to clubs with existing male teams to support the essential costs that come with running a club – pitch hire, training venues, courses for coaches and playing kit.
Who is eligible?
- Clubs that operate with two or more male teams (U17-U21, Open Age and vets) and:
- Hold the FA’s Adult Charter Standard Award
- Operate in a Charter Standard Development or Charter Standard Community Club or
- Adult Clubs that commit to become FA Adult Charter Standard within season 2018/19
Priority will be given to:
- Clubs with three or more adult male teams
- Clubs that have been in existence for 5-9 seasons
- Clubs that have been in existence for 10 of more seasons
- Clubs who operate in leagues employing Full Time
The application window is now open and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 30 May. Only one application can be submitted per club, and you can apply here. Good luck!
KUDOS SPORTS – A LEADING SUPPLIER OF CUSTOM SPORTS KIT
KUDOS supplies custom teamwear to sports clubs around the world. We supply bespoke custom kit that is built for performance and worn with pride. Use our one minute kit designer to design your kit today.