Back in October Women’s Sport Wednesdays – a fundraising and awareness campaign encouraging women to get involved in sport – was launched, and hundreds of women up and down the country got involved. In 2017 it seeks to push on further and help transform women’s sport in the UK.
The campaign aims to make Wednesdays the day of the week on which women take to the court, the field, the pitch or the pool to play their chosen sport – and in turn raise valuable funds for charity. Participants are urged to organise their own Women’s Sport Wednesdays event or activities, with a broader aim of celebrating and encouraging women’s sport.
Join in on social media
If you can’t do it on Wednesdays, then any other day of the week is fine – simply use your Wednesdays to promote your activities on social media using the hashtag #WomenSportWeds.
The funds raised will enable Women in Sport to work with sports organisations, governing bodies and schools across the country to create programmes that help more women and girls to benefit through sport.
In its own words they “wish to create a future where everyone can benefit from sport – regardless of gender”. By taking part in Women’s Sport Wednesdays you can help to achieve this. Click here to download a Fundraising Pack.
International Women’s Day
In a happy coincidence, this year’s International Women’s Day falls on a Wednesday (8th March) so why not gear up for an event or a series of activities commencing then. What better day to launch your event than International Women’s Day.
The Women in Sport team have provided 5 top fundraising tips to help you get started:
- Spread the word through social media: Be sure to contact participants and promote your event over social media, where you can reach different types of audience, from teams to individuals and organisations. Make your posts fun and engaging to encourage participation, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #WomenSportWeds and tag @womeninsport_uk, so we can help spread the word!
- Set up your online fundraising page: One of the quickest and safest ways to raise money for your fundraising event is to create an online fundraising page and track your progress using EverydayHero.
- Mix it up! If you are a sports team or club, mix it up by having the team try out a new sport! To top it off, put on some fancy dress to have a laugh and add an extra challenge. This makes for great photos to post on social media!
- It doesn’t have to be sports-related! Fundraising for Women’s Sport Wednesdays doesn’t have to have to involve an athletic activity. Channel your inner Mary Berry and throw a bake sale, a themed dinner party or any type of social event to bring people together and support your fundraising mission.
- Take advantage of work place breaks: Tight for time? Host a fundraising event during one of your breaks at work or through your lunch hour to add some excitement to your working day and encourage your colleagues to join in.
If you have any other questions, contact Women in Sport on 020 3137 6263 or email@example.com.
KUDOS IS COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING WOMEN’S SPORT AT ALL LEVELS
KUDOS is passionate about encouraging and supporting women of all ages and backgrounds to get into sport at any level.
A LEADING SUPPLIER OF CUSTOM SPORTS KIT
A KUDOS custom kit is designed to suit the demands of your chosen sport in matching styles across all garments including tracksuits, polo shirts, t-shirts, hoodies and jackets.